VMware Cloud Community
hccwf88
Contributor
Contributor

Vcenter access for SRM testing

We are preparing to install SRM 5.8 and integrate with out VCenter servers.  The VCenter servers run production and development boxes.  We will only be testing a couple of the development boxes with SRM.  I currently have access to a few of the servers I manage via the VCenter web client.  I already have access to the two test servers for SRM.  I don't want to be a VCenter admin and have "the keys to kingdom" so to speak.  With that said, I have access to managed the two test servers to be tested with SRM, what other access will I need to use the SRM plugin once it is installed?  FYI, we will be using array-based replication.

The essence of my question is how I can I test a couple of servers with SRM and array based replication with minimal VCenter access?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
vbrowncoat
Expert
Expert

See the documentation here: Site Recovery Manager 6.1 Documentation Center‌ for details on permissions and SRM.

0 Kudos
MattG
Expert
Expert

What do you want to test?

If you are trying to get comfortable with SRM,  I recommend signing up for the SRM HOL.   That way you can play around with it without worrying about messing anything up.

-MattG

-MattG If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos