VMware Cloud Community
soerya88
Contributor
Contributor

VMware Site Recovery Manager: Error – Failed to recover datastore

During tes vmware SRM I received following error during step 8 : Error – Failed to recover datastore ‘<datastorename>’. VMFS volume residing on recovered devices ‘”<device_wwn>”‘ cannot be found. Datastore was from EMC VNX replicated with EMC RecoverPoint. Datastore path need to manually atatch to ESXi Host during vmware SRM tes to make the tes succes, here is my evirontment :

1. vcenter 5.5

2. vmwareSRM 5.8.1

3. EMC Recover point 4.4

4. vmware SRA 2.2.0.3

0 Kudos
3 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

This error is quite common and it can usually be fixed by introducing a delay before rescanning your hosts, using the advanced parameter hostrescandelaysec. More information here:

VMware vCenter Site Recovery Manager 5.8 Documentation Center

For details on where to configure that, see:

VMware vCenter Site Recovery Manager 5.8 Documentation Center

0 Kudos
soerya88
Contributor
Contributor

Hi p_hall

Thanks for your respond, I already try to modify some configuration on Storage Provider setting but it doesn't olved my problem. this problem only hapend on several Protection group not all Protection group with the same configuration.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

What exact settings did you use? Usually increasing these sufficiently allows the plan to complete. Could you try adjusting to these values:

hostRescanRepeatCnt  = 5   

hostRescanDelaySec = 120

And see if it works? Bear in mind that these settings are configured per site, so ensure to apply these on the site you are failing over to.

0 Kudos