VMware Cloud Community
a22riz
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VMware SRM replication storage not fully replicated

Hi Guys,

I wanna ask about VMware SRM. I have a VMware SRM which is configured with storage replication and there are some LUNs contain VMs that are replicated.

Q : What happens with VMs if I run the recovery plan while the LUNs is not fully replicated ?

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jitu211003
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Yes, Data will be useless at recovery site as you wont be able to power on those VMs. It may happen to all of the VMs and may happen with most of the VMs.

The VMs which has been replicated successfully those will be powered up only.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Jitu211003
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi,

If LUNs are not replicated to DR site and you initiate the recovery then may be incomplete VMs would not come online at recovery site.

Thanks

vmwarediary.com

0 Kudos
a22riz
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Sorry my mistake. The question should be more spesific like this ;

I have replicated LUNs and configured all the configuration needed for SRM. As we know to replicate the LUNs take long time, so if disaster happens and I have to run the recover plan while the LUN's replication let's say still 80%. What happens with the VMs and it's data ? will it corrupt ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

If you have a LUN which has not yet finished an initial replication you cannot failover to that LUN. Incomplete data is just that: incomplete. You can't bring up 80% of a VM.

Jitu211003
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Yes, Data will be useless at recovery site as you wont be able to power on those VMs. It may happen to all of the VMs and may happen with most of the VMs.

The VMs which has been replicated successfully those will be powered up only.

0 Kudos
a22riz
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Oh ok, I got it. Thanks guys !

0 Kudos
Jitu211003
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Dont forget to mark correct answer if your queries got its final answered.

Thanks

0 Kudos