VMware Cloud Community
NetRock
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

VMware SRM and HP EVA Compatibility

Hi,

On VMware side I have VMware vCenter 5.1 Update1 with SRM 5.1 Update1 installed.

On HP side I have the following Hardware/Software in both sites:

- HP EVA 6350 with XCS 11001100

- HP Comand View 10.1

- HP P6000 EVA SRA 5.01.0

- HP Continuous Access

I had an issue with DR Group replication status getting suspended when trying to Reprotect in failback process. Gives me the following error"

" Error - Failed to reverse replication for consistency group '......'. SRA command 'prepareReplication' failed for consistency group. The server fault 'ExtendedFault' had no message"

I searched through the VMware/HP compatibility matrix in VMware and HP sites, but couldn't find a clear answer for any compatibility issues.

I have check the following page:

VMware Compatibility Guide: sra

Anyone experienced such an issue with Reprotection process?

If you find this answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NetRock
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I found the solution to my problem!

When I went through HP Command View and found out the replication I/O path is transitioned to Suspend

and when I turned it to Resume it started a Full Copy and everything went fine.

NetRock,

If you find this answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
dhanarajramesh
Jump to solution

try to rename the group name to other name. you should not have same group name in both ends

0 Kudos
NetRock
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I found the solution to my problem!

When I went through HP Command View and found out the replication I/O path is transitioned to Suspend

and when I turned it to Resume it started a Full Copy and everything went fine.

NetRock,

0 Kudos