VMware Cloud Community
sujit_patil
Contributor
Contributor

VMware SRM (Site Recovery Manager 8.3)

I am unable to delete a Protection group in Vmware SRM 8.3. The recovery plans is deleted and associate VMs removed. The Storage groups are also deleted. Have tried restarting the Vmware SRM services and SRA adapter but the protection group cant be deleted. It seems the SRM db is seeing the stale entry. Any ideas on how this can be fixed? 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@sujit_patil 

Moderator: Moved to SRM Discussions

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
ashilkrishnan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi @sujit_patil ,

What is the status of the protection group (OK, incomplete, etc.)? If you do not have the delete option available even when you are logged in with SSO admin user, it is advised to raise a support request with VMware. Protection group is referenced in multiple db tables and VMware support uses a internal tool to clean up these tables.

If it's not much of a configuration, you can un-install and re-install SRM with fresh database. This will clear all configurations within SRM.

0 Kudos
sujit_patil
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks..i think we might have to go the re-install route...

0 Kudos