VMware Cloud Community
Mar1an0
Contributor
Contributor

VMRS Cannot Pair

Hi, i have deployed VMRS with SRM 5.0.1.

Everything goes fine until i have to pair the VMRS.

I got a "VMR Server Generic Error: Unespected Status Code:404"

VCenters,SRM and VRMS were configured with de FQDN, no ip were used.

I dont know were to find some logs to check out what is going on here, is not a difficult instalation. i cant figure out why is not working.

Also the VR Servers were deployed and seems to be ok.

Anyone could help?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Mar1an0
Contributor
Contributor

Found this, from the VMRS CLi if you ping or telnet port 80 that FQDN it responds OK. :smileyconfused:

2012-10-18 19:17:30.802 ERROR hms.remote.SiteManager [hms-vlsi-server-thread-31] (..hms.remote.SiteManagerImpl) opID=40bfc59a-3e09-43bc-97e1-7c8fe4e27541 | Cannot probe VC server 'xxxx-ps-vc002.xx.xxxx.xxxx:80'.
java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: com.vmware.vim.vmomi.client.common.UnexpectedStatusCodeException: Unexpected status code: 404

But the java daemon cannot probe it. Why ? :smileycry:

0 Kudos
moracius
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

Not sure if you solved this already, but just in case...

I was having the same problem. Then I found out that the vcenter hostname is case sensitive for the VRMS appliance, but not for the SRM server, for example, if your vcenter hostname is "vCenter01.test.com" and you have registered "vcenter01.test.com" while installing SRM server, it will lead to this problem. SRM sites pairing will not complain, but VRMS pairing will. No need to reinstall anything, you just have to reconfigure the SRM connection on the remote SRM site and pair the SRMs again, after that, try to pair the VRMS appliance again, it will work.

Hope it still helps,

Regards

0 Kudos
MikeErter
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I think this just fixed my problem! Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Mar1an0
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, the solution was updating to vSphere 5.1 :smileylaugh:

Now its working fine in the 5.1 enviroment also the setup is easier than 5.0.

Regards

Mariano

0 Kudos