VMware Cloud Community
mail2ibrahim21
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VC Administrator Pasword has to reset

We are using SRM in our infrastrucutre, When i change the password of VCadmin which is the Virtual Center administrator (Domain Account). Our SRM is not working. When i click on the SRM icon it throws the authentication. But i want reset my password of VCadmin. Can any one guide how to change the new credentials to SRM authentication.

-Ibrahim

0 Kudos
8 Replies
mal_michael
Commander
Commander

Depends where in SRM do you use this user:

- SRM service? - then update the credentials in service settings.

- Have you entered the user during the installation of SRM? - then go to add/remove programs and perform "repair" to SRM installation.

- Have you connected the sites using this user credentials? - run "connect site" wizard again

0 Kudos
mail2ibrahim21
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yes, we have entered the user during the installation of SRM. When i click the SRM tab, It is not not logging to the local site because of the credential change.

0 Kudos
mal_michael
Commander
Commander

Then run "Repair" from add / remove programs. This will allow you to enter the new user credentials.

Consider to use account which password is not changed.

0 Kudos
mail2ibrahim21
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks Micheal, I will try this out. I hope this repair option will not change any of our current settings in our setup.

0 Kudos
mal_michael
Commander
Commander

No, it should not change anything.

However if you have made change to Advanced Settings, make sure your changes are not reverted to defauls after the repair.

0 Kudos
mail2ibrahim21
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I am not clear with the advanced settings, Can you please explain me.

-Ibrahim

0 Kudos
mal_michael
Commander
Commander

When you right-click on "Site Recovery" --> Advanced Settings on SRM screen you can change some settings that control the way SRM works.

If you haven't changed any settings, don't worry about this.

0 Kudos
mail2ibrahim21
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yes, I haven't change any settings. All settings are default.

Thanks a lot! Michael for your assistance.

-Ibrahim

0 Kudos