VMware Cloud Community
Kaylin
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Unable to run edit reovery plan, view bindings and run recovery test

Hi Everyone,

When i logged into my web client today and try to add a new server to the protection group i was unable to do so, the option was greyed out and i received the error message saying session already logged in.

When i click on manage under my protected site and try to go to any of the binding tabs is shows unable to retrieve mappings,session already logged in. I have restarted the services on both SRM servers and still unable to start a recovery or edit the protection group.

The only thing i haven't tried to do is restart the vCenter for both sites. I have logged off and logged back on and still says session already logged in. Please advise if there is a another way to kill the session.

Regards

Kaylin

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mal_michael
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Hi,

You can terminate sessions using vSphere or Web client:

vSphere Web Client vs. vSphere Client - Sessions | Technodrone

Also, I have found the following info in SRM 5.8 release notes:

"When you remove permission for a user on a protected site while logged in as that user, the following error message appears: Unable to retrieve Permissions data. The session is already logged in. A similar error appears on the Advanced Settings tab.

This error appears when you remove your own permissions at the site level. Instead, the message should inform you that you do not have permissions to view the page."

Looks somehow related. Are you sure your user have enough permissions to perform those tasks?

Michael.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mal_michael
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Hi,

You can terminate sessions using vSphere or Web client:

vSphere Web Client vs. vSphere Client - Sessions | Technodrone

Also, I have found the following info in SRM 5.8 release notes:

"When you remove permission for a user on a protected site while logged in as that user, the following error message appears: Unable to retrieve Permissions data. The session is already logged in. A similar error appears on the Advanced Settings tab.

This error appears when you remove your own permissions at the site level. Instead, the message should inform you that you do not have permissions to view the page."

Looks somehow related. Are you sure your user have enough permissions to perform those tasks?

Michael.

0 Kudos
Kaylin
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Michael,

Yeah it looked like I lost rites to both the sites which is weird as I am I am admin of both sites. Removed myself and re-added all worked out fine again

Thanks

Kaylin

0 Kudos