VMware Cloud Community
EXPRESS
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Unable to add array manager, SRA command 'discoverArrays' failed. SRM 5.5

Setting up SRM 5.5 using RecoverPoint new install and setup.

I have downloaded and installed the recommended SRA Adapter in my SRM server, which is EMC_RecoverPoint_Storage_Replication_Adapter_Version_2.2.0.0. The Unisphere for RecoverPoint I believe has been set up properly too. But I must be missing something.

Every time I try and add the array using the either the IP or the FQDN with the user name and password of Unisphere it will not connect. I get the following error: See attachment, any insight what am I missing?

Thanks

Thank you, Express
7 Replies
EXPRESS
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have restarted all the services as well...

Thank you, Express
0 Kudos
Alim786
Expert
Expert

Have you checked the compatibility for your device :-

VMware Compatibility Guide: sra

Also what do the SRM Logs show ?

VCP6-DCV, VCP5, CCNA, MCTS 2008R2, MCSA 2008R2, CCA, ITIL. Please mark answer helpful or correct as appropriate.
0 Kudos
EXPRESS
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yep. It is compatible. Seems like an authentication issue. Just not sure if its on the emc side of it. Not easy finding documentation for setting up recoverpoint. 

Thank you, Express
0 Kudos
Alim786
Expert
Expert

Re: the compatibility, I just wanted to confirm the basics. I think you are on the right track. I had similar issues during my 5.1 setup. I suggest you look at the 'Advanced Settings' of your remote site. Steps to get there are, after connecting to sites successfully, right-click remote site and select "Advanced Settings". I suggest first to change the setting "Storage-storage.commandTimeout". Increase this to 1200 or 1800 and try again.

Let me know how this goes.

VCP6-DCV, VCP5, CCNA, MCTS 2008R2, MCSA 2008R2, CCA, ITIL. Please mark answer helpful or correct as appropriate.
JC10573
Contributor
Contributor

Were ever able to add the Array Manager?  I am having the same problem.  Let me know.

0 Kudos
Josephvirtual
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I just hit the same issue. Tried the steps as per this article to fix the issue. All good now.

Thanks, Jo http://virtualcloudzz.blogspot.com.au/
0 Kudos
Duco
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I had a similar problem, but with a slightly different error message.

Error.png

It had to do with SRA talking HTTP to RecoverPoint, and RecoverPoint (4.1 in my case) vRPA's not listening on port 80 ....

See Add RecoverPoint 4.1 with SRM RecoverPoint SRA 2.2 fails with error “SRA command &#821... for problem and fix

Hope this fixes your issue as well

Duco

0 Kudos