VMware Cloud Community
Duda_
Contributor
Contributor

Testing of Failover without snapshot software

Hi guys!!!

We want to buy and run SRM over HP Storage system. We have Continuous Access, the software that makes the replication between storages, but we don't have "business copy", the software that makes snapshots and snapclones.

My question is: What happend with the "testing of failover" if I don't have snapshot software on my storage array? It doesn't work at all? works but is disruptive? I've been reading everything I found about this subject but nothing gives me the complete idea. I want to know how it works without the snapshot software in the array. I imagine that maybe it halt the replication temporarily to do the testing but I wnat to know what happend after.

Thanks a lot for any answer. We need to figure it out this in order to do our budget soon. Thank you.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Smoggy
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

for anyone else reading, this was answered by AlistairS here: http://communities.vmware.com/thread/164336?tstart=0

Duda_
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you so much for your your response.

I understand that I won't be able to test my RP with the test button if I don't have BC but for us is to expensive tu buy BC. Is there any way to test our RP, maybe a disruptive way or manual way, without BC? Please explain me.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Hi Duda_,

SRM does not currently support the workflow that you are proposing.

Thanks,

-Alvin

0 Kudos