VMware Cloud Community
jyvesd
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Testing DR plans with with SRM and EMC SRDF Adpater

I'm trying to test my DR plan using TimeFinder/snap. When I'm trying the test I get a few errors. We have 2 Symmtrix and the replicated LUNS are snapshoted to be able to test the DR Plan. This error refers to the EmcSrdfSraOptions.xml. I can't find any info on Powerlink related to these errors. Did anyone encountered this kind of problem?

05/04 10:34:42 05912 CopyLuns.cpp 0463 CopyLuns::GetCopyInfo ] : A valid CopyInfo block could not be found in the options file that has Symm . Exiting with failure

Exit

: Failed to fetch CopyInfo from the options file. Exiting with failure

: Failed to test failover luns. Exiting with failure

I have attached a copy of the xml options file.

Thx

Thx.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dadalowg2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Same exact issue. Did you resolve this?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
jyvesd
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Some update it appears some errors comme because of permission on the symetrix. The domain user logged in SRM need to be StorageAdmin in the Symmetrix so the SRDFSra can connect (incredible but true as since it was added to the symmtrix I could move forward)....But one step further in the log we can see that the vcenter\SYSTEM (where SRM and all the EMC soft are) need the Monitor permission on the Symmetrix...now I'm a bit confused as this kind of configureation is not documented in any EMC document... I suspect the service Emcstorsrvd running under the system account need somehow Monitor permission on the Symmetrix. Did someone already face this kind of things?

PS: The SRM is installed on both vCenter server. Both vCenter are VM and have a RDM mapped to their own Symmetrix (for the gatekeeper) and can see the Symmetrix. Solution enabler is installed locally on each Vcenter and the tab EMC storage and EMC SRDF SRA looks fine. Configuration is correctly display etc

0 Kudos
TimOudin
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I have received this exact error with malformed XML. The XML must be perfect and at first glance yours appears to be good. It does not appear as though you are using GoldCopyInfo on this configuration, remove that section from ;. I have always remove this when not using it.

Tim Oudin

Tim Oudin
jyvesd
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Now the permission problem is fixed we had to configure the SRM service and the EMC storsrvd service to run under an account that have monitor privileges on the symmetrix...now we can move one step further....and we en again with anfew errors....apparently we have a licence and a feature problem...strange as we have the solution enabler 7.1 (listed as tjhe suported one in the documentation) and we have license as well....

testFailover Output: [05/17 10:30:35 02180 CopyLuns.cpp 3989 CopyLuns

::DoSraSnapActionOnDeviceList ] : Failed to perform SNAP operation on the device list, Symm Id: 000290300652.

: [05/17 10:30:

35 02180 CopyLuns.cpp 1216 CopyLuns::CreateVdevSnapSessions ] : Failed to re-create snap session for the device pair

(011E, 07A8) within DG on Symm . Existing sessions will be terminated and new sessions will be created [

05/17 10:31:13 02180 CopyLuns.cpp 3824 CopyLuns::DoSraSnapAction ] : Failed to perform SNAP operation

on DG , Symm . : [SYMAPI_C_LICENSE_CHECK : The feature being

requested is not currently licensed] :

Failed to perform SNAP on device pairs within the DG . Exiting with failure [05/17 10:31:13

02180 CopyLuns.cpp 0516 CopyLuns::CreateSnapshot ] : Failed to create Vdev snapshot. Exiting with failure [05/17

10:31:13 02180 CopyLuns.cpp 0279 CopyLuns::TestFailover ] : Failed to perform operation.

Exiting with failure : Failed to test failover luns.

Exiting with failure Error: .

0 Kudos
dadalowg2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Same exact issue. Did you resolve this?

0 Kudos
jyvesd
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Yes this one was resolved but after that we had to face a bug with the distributed switchs

0 Kudos
pauper
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

We are experiencing the same issue, can you tell us how you fixed this same problem.

0 Kudos
dadalowg2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hey Pauper:

In my case, the EMC SAN on the DR site did not have the snap LUNs provided. Once we configured the LUNs for the Snapshots, the error went away.

0 Kudos
MrBaba
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello,

I'm face to the same error, I've put my vmware account able to log as administrator on the Symetrix Serveur but it do not solve anything for me, I still got the same message can you please help me ?

Regards,

0 Kudos
curioso
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Does anybody got a solution on this type of problem?

0 Kudos