VMware Cloud Community
Felix0630
Contributor
Contributor

Test recovery cleanup fail frequently if one of the hosts loses connection to a placeholder datastore.

Hi Guys,

I ran a test  on a cluster with one host and one standalone host on a recovery site. Each host loses connection to the placeholder datastore frequently while executing cleanup and the error message "Error - No hosts with hardware version '8' and datastore(s) '"xxx"' which are powered on and not in maintanence mode are available." shows up in the SRM History.

I found the issue similar to the situation in SRM 5.1 release note. (VMware Site Recovery Manager 5.1 Release Notes)

However, I ran the test with SRM 5.5 and do not find the issue on SRM 5.5 release note. I wonder this issue have been fixed?

Furthermore, I found the issue here (Site Recovery Manager 5.5 Documentation Center) with the error message "Error - No hosts with hardware version '7' and datastore(s) '"xxx"' which are powered on and not in maintanence mode are available." But the issue is about recovery and test recovery not about clean up.

PS: I could cleanup successfully only to test recover and wait 15 minutes to do cleanup. As the workaround mention.

Please help me to figure out the two questions :

1. Do I meet the same issue as this Site Recovery Manager 5.5 Documentation Center?

2. Will this issue happen with hardware version '8' ?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
0 Replies