VMware Cloud Community
lrmurali
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Support for multiple IPv6 addresses for a single interface in VMware SRM environment IP customization

As we know for an interface we can have 2 IPv6 address for a virtual machine with scope Link and Global.

However while configuring the IP customization for SRM recovery plan it doesn’t give us any option

to specify the multiple IPv6 address for a single interface. It is documented that only one address

per NIC in admin guide!

Since operating system provides an option to add multiple IPv6 addresses why SRM is not allowing ?

is there any plan to support/enhance the SRM IP customization to add multiple IPv6 addresses for a NIC?

Thanks in advance.

-Murali

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vbrowncoat
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

The same as your previous request, this would need to be handled through a script. This capability is something we are looking to add into the IP customization capabilities of SRM and unfortunately I can't comment on any kind of timeline for it.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
vbrowncoat
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

The same as your previous request, this would need to be handled through a script. This capability is something we are looking to add into the IP customization capabilities of SRM and unfortunately I can't comment on any kind of timeline for it.

lrmurali
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. It is helpful.

I needed this information for handling them through post power on scripts.

It would be helpful if SRM supports this feature in future!

-Murali

0 Kudos