VMware Cloud Community
ukdazs1
Contributor
Contributor

Stale replication GID - page not found when trying to access through Managed Object Browser

Hi,

I'm having an issue setting up replication for a server which has previously been replicated. I'm getting an error:

"Unable to configure replication for virtual machine <server_name> because group <server_name> cannot be created. Another virtual machine <server_name> that has the same instance UUID '501b9832-bb79-d90e-7d32-f7ae5accefba' already exists on protection site <site>"

A google search led me to KB2065033 but I'm having issues getting the resolution to work. When I try to browse to:

https://IP_address_of_primary_VRM_server:8043/mob/?moid=GID-501b9832-bb79-d90e-7d32-f7ae5accefba&vmodl=1

I get a 'page not found' error.

If I remove everything after /mob/ it asks me for a username and password and I can log in but there's no detail and no way (that I know of) to browse to the relevant data.

Anybody got any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mvalkanov
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

The API different across different VR major versions, so I can't provide exact URLs.

Please note that the Managed Object Browser is mostly for troubleshooting purposes.

To see the VRMS API, you need the vmodl=1 argument.

To see the complete API open https://vrms:8043/mob/?vmodl=1

To list the outgoing replications - look for methods at the replication-manager object.

To list the incoming replications - look for methods at the replica-manager object.

If using a single vCenter server (so called ROBO mode), there will be _PRIMARY and _SECONDARY suffixes to the GID_... values.

Please consider opening a SR to get support from VMware. They should be able to quickly resolve the issue.

Regards,

Martin

0 Kudos
ukdazs1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I raised a support call and it was resolved. The reference to the old replication was at the target site and once it was removed from the database the new replication worked fine.

0 Kudos