VMware Cloud Community
GramC
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Sites unable to pair after IP change . SRM 6.1

Hello all,

I'm currently having a problem pairing sites after the IP address of one of the SRM servers needed to change. I ran through the modify install to attempt to have it pick up the new IP and pair again. I even tried uninstalling SRM completely, creating a brand new VM and installed SRM on it with the new IP. The correct IP is shown in the web interface and also the managed object browser under the vcDr extension. The "Pair Sites" wizard does complete successfully after typing in the required info. The pop up goes away but the paired site never shows up in the web client. The desktop vSphere client shows that the sites are trying to pair, but it eventually gives one of two errors:

2.PNG

asdf.PNG

After seeing these I tried to create new admin accounts under vsphere.local for both sites and set vsphere.local to default domain. Ran through modify install again with new account info, and typed new account info while attempting to pair sites, but I still get the same problem.

Digging into the vmware-dr.log shows me that the SSL client handshake fails, and then SSO login fails assuming due to the SSL/certificate problem. Here were those two messages that stood out to me:

-------------------------

Certificate Errors

-------------------------

2016-03-08T13:05:23.541-06:00 [01084 warning 'DrSiteSiteManager'] SSL client handshake to 'vcenter.vmware.com:443' failed.

--> std::exception 'class Vmacore::Ssl::SSLVerifyException' "SSL Exception: Verification parameters:

--> PeerThumbprint: 5C:C7:DA:1A:80:FF:41:C8:FE:FA:CE:B0:9A:A4:49:DA:57:4E:92:C3

--> ExpectedThumbprint:

--> ExpectedPeerName: vcenter.vmware.com

--> The remote host certificate has these problems:

-->

--> * The host certificate chain is incomplete.

-->

--> * unable to get local issuer certificate"

2016-03-08T13:05:23.541-06:00 [02464 warning 'DrSiteSiteManager'] SSL client handshake to '192.168.2.201:9086' failed.

--> std::exception 'class Vmacore::Ssl::SSLVerifyException' "SSL Exception: Verification parameters:

--> PeerThumbprint: 8F:7D:47:65:C9:E1:71:47:D8:46:49:DD:32:2E:12:5D:59:3C:2F:0A

--> ExpectedThumbprint:

--> ExpectedPeerName: 192.168.2.201

--> The remote host certificate has these problems:

-->

--> * The host certificate chain is incomplete.

-->

--> * unable to get local issuer certificate"

--------------------------------

login error after the certificate errors

---------------------------------

2016-03-08T13:05:30.325-06:00 [02992 error 'DrSiteUserManager.ConnHandler' connID=sso-admin-c0f5] `anonymous-namespace'::ConnectHandler::LoginComplete: Unable to login into the SSO admin end point as {Name: SRM-afbfc012-c0a3-4fbb-ac30-bb3d18af3bd2; Domain:vsphere.local}. SSO server time delta is 0 s. Exception:

--> (sso.fault.InvalidCredentials) {

-->    faultCause = (vmodl.MethodFault) null,

-->    msg = "Received SOAP response fault from [<cs p:000000000c2395a0, TCP:vcenter.vmware.com:443>]: login

--> "

--> }

2016-03-08T13:05:30.325-06:00 [02992 warning 'DrSiteUserManager' connID=sso-admin-c0f5] Failed to connect: (sso.fault.InvalidCredentials) {

-->    faultCause = (vmodl.MethodFault) null,

-->    msg = "Received SOAP response fault from [<cs p:000000000c2395a0, TCP:vcenter.vmware.com:443>]: login

--> "

--> }

If anyone has any ideas or pointers to help me out, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NikRaychev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

It sounds that it should pair then. Let's try pairing from both sites as a first option. Try to establish pairing from one of the sites to the other and then vice versa. If it does not work then uninstall both SRM servers, verify from VC mob that there are no SRM extensions registered to any of the VC servers, delete any SRM solution users if any from both VCs under Administration->User and Groups->Solution Users delete any SRM-* users you see and then install both SRM server using Administrator@vsphere.local user.

Let me know what happens.

Regards,

Nik

View solution in original post

4 Replies
NikRaychev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello,

If you have installed a completely new SRM with a new database and a new certificate(considering it is using a self-signed certificate) you will not be able to pair again with the remote "old" SRM server. If you have not broken the SRM connection prior to installing the new SRM server you will not be able to pair again. You will have to re-install from scratch on both sites.

Regards,

Nik

0 Kudos
GramC
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello Nik,

I did break the SRM connection prior to installing the new SRM server. I forgot to mention that I recreated the SRM servers from scratch at both sites. I am using the self-signed certificate and embedded database option. So, two fresh SRM servers one at each site and the log is showing the same errors. Its like there is some information stuck in the vCenters/PSC...

Thanks,

Chris

0 Kudos
NikRaychev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

It sounds that it should pair then. Let's try pairing from both sites as a first option. Try to establish pairing from one of the sites to the other and then vice versa. If it does not work then uninstall both SRM servers, verify from VC mob that there are no SRM extensions registered to any of the VC servers, delete any SRM solution users if any from both VCs under Administration->User and Groups->Solution Users delete any SRM-* users you see and then install both SRM server using Administrator@vsphere.local user.

Let me know what happens.

Regards,

Nik

GramC
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you very much! The sites are finally paired. I had looked at the solution users before and thought about deleting SRM solution users but the warning about causing problems while attempting to delete it and the fact a new solution user was created automatically for each SRM re-install lead me to believe that wasn't the issue.

0 Kudos