VMware Cloud Community
sydq
Contributor
Contributor

Site recovery failing with error + failed to connect to PSC service

Recently , after changing the sso administrator password for vcenter, I noticed error solution token user unavailable.. followed by vpshere Replication - UI error: failed to connect to PSC service. The replication tasks seems to be in dead state and not working. Please advise suitable solution

0 Kudos
8 Replies
SMcT
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Have you reconnected the site pair? (Reconnect, not Break Site Pair!) The option in on the Summary page of SRM.  You may need to do something similar for vSphere Replication.

When you run the reconnect wizard you will be prompted to enter the SSO administrator credentials.

Blog: stephanmctighe.com Twitter: @vStephanMcTighe
0 Kudos
sydq
Contributor
Contributor

appreciate your quick response. However, can you elaborate more, as I dont see reconnect wizard option in vami interface for vsphere replication.

0 Kudos
sydq
Contributor
Contributor

basically its vsphere replication that is not working. 

0 Kudos
SMcT
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Sorry I incorrectly took it as SRM, apologies.

I don't have a huge amount of experience with vSphere Replication, so don't treat this as a definitive solution, more somewhere to look as part of your investigations.  If you have used the SSO administrator credentials to connect vSphere Rep to the PSC, it will need to be reconnected now you have changed them.

I don't have vSphere Replication running in anywhere at the minute, but perhaps this may help, its based on version 8.3.

In the vSphere Replication user interface, from the list of target sites, select the connection that indicates the Not connected status. Click the Reconnect button. The Reconnect wizard starts. Enter the PSC address and the credentials of a user that has the VRM remote.Manage VRM privilege assigned, and click Next.

The article can be found here if you need to check for another version. 

If i get sometime, i'll fire up an instance of it to see if i can help further, but hopefully someone with more experience will be able to assist you in the meantime.

Hope that helps.

0 Kudos
ashilkrishnan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi @sydq ,

Please share product versions whenever raising such queries/concerns here. It is always helpful. 

This post was raised under SRM discussions. Needs to be raised under vSphere replication discussions.

Please perform following tasks:

1. Login to vSphere replication VAMI --> Configuration --> Enter SSO password and click on 'Save and restart service'.

2. Reconnect VR site as already suggested by @SMcT 

Hope that helps

0 Kudos
sydq
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I tried to follow the steps as prescribed but getting the following error message : 

Unable to obtain SSL certificate: java.net.UnknownHostException: vcsa.vcsa.com.sa: Temporary failure in name resolution

Please advise . I am able to ping vcenter server address from vsphere replication appliance. But, pinging the vcenter hostname is not working 

0 Kudos
SMcT
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Have you checked that the DNS entries are correct and you have configured the appliances to use the correct DNS server?

0 Kudos
ashilkrishnan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi @sydq ,

Please run a nslookup of vC FQDN and IP address from SRM server. Ensure, both return valid outputs. I had a similar scenario where the FQDN resolved to two IP addresses.

0 Kudos