VMware Cloud Community
Cl3gh0rn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Site Recovery Manager Trial License > move to > Full License

Hi,

If I download a trial copy of VMware SRM and install it onto 2 VCs (in Production) using the trial license then can I easily use the full license at a later date (1 week later in this case)?

Also, what is the best method of doing this? Do I stick the trial license on the local server and the full license into the VMware licensing server and at the later date point both VC SRMs at the licensing server?

Thanks,

Dave

VSP, VTSP, VCP
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jay_Judkowitz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Dave,

60 day eval licenses are hardcoded into the product. No need to manage that at all.

When you want to go to paid licenses, you need to go to the license portal and check out a license file that includes the following for each site, .

• One SRM server license

• As many per-CPU licenses as CPU's of protection you need. This will be 0 for the passive half of an active/passive setups)

For each site, take the license file and load it to the license server for that site's VC and assign the licenses to the SRM server.

Thanks,

Jay

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jay_Judkowitz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Dave,

60 day eval licenses are hardcoded into the product. No need to manage that at all.

When you want to go to paid licenses, you need to go to the license portal and check out a license file that includes the following for each site, .

• One SRM server license

• As many per-CPU licenses as CPU's of protection you need. This will be 0 for the passive half of an active/passive setups)

For each site, take the license file and load it to the license server for that site's VC and assign the licenses to the SRM server.

Thanks,

Jay

0 Kudos