VMware Cloud Community
zmclean
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Service wont start after IP Change on SRM Server

Below is the log. The IP has been changed but i dont know how to make it take effect on the SRM side?

Log for VMware Site Recovery Manager, pid=4064, version=1.0.1, build=build-128004, option=Release, section=2

Failed to create console writer

Set dump dir to 'C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\VMware\VMware Site Recovery Manager\DumpFiles'

Intializing the DBManager

Current working directory: C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware Site Recovery Manager\bin

TaskMax=10, IoMin=1, IoMax=21

Trying DrExternalRecoveryApi

Plugin 0 path: dr-external-recovery-api.dll

Plugin 0 absolute path: C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware Site Recovery Manager\bin\dr-external-recovery-api.dll

Trying RecoverySecondary

Plugin 1 path: dr-secondary-recovery.dll

Plugin 1 absolute path: C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware Site Recovery Manager\bin\dr-secondary-recovery.dll

Trying SanProvider

Plugin 2 path: dr-san-provider.dll

Plugin 2 absolute path: C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware Site Recovery Manager\bin\dr-san-provider.dll

Trying TestProvider

Plugin 3 path: dr-test-provider.dll

Plugin 3 absolute path: C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware Site Recovery Manager\bin\dr-test-provider.dll

DrExtApi Service Instance is initialized.

Plugin started.

Provider 'SanProvider' has MoRef 'dr.primary.SanReplicationProvider:PrimarySanProvider'.

Registered provider 'SanProvider'

Provider 'SanProvider' has MoRef 'dr.secondary.SanReplicationProvider:SecondarySanProvider'.

Registered provider 'SanProvider'

Plugin started.

Provider 'TestProvider' has MoRef 'dr.PrimaryTestProvider:primary-test-provider'.

Registered provider 'TestProvider'

Provider 'TestProvider' has MoRef 'dr.SecondaryTestProvider:secondary-test-provider'.

Registered provider 'TestProvider'

Plugin started.

LocalSite already installed - Good!

Vmacore::InitSSL: doVersionCheck = true, handshakeTimeoutUs = 120000000

VC Connection: Logging in as user 'administrator'

VC Connection: Logged in session F5EDC747-1344-4F98-82FB-038BB9D42933

The proxy spec for extension com.vmware.vcDr points to 172.20.0.168, not to this host

Registration with the local VC server is not valid

Initializing service content: Unexpected exception 'class Vmacore::Exception' Registration with the local VC server is not valid

Application error: Registration with the local VC server is not valid. Shutting down ...

Failed to send request. Retrying. Error: class Vmacore::CanceledException(Operation was canceled)

vmware-dr service stopped

Z-Bone

Z-Bone
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Virtual_JTW
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I've tried this on my own server and couldn't get it to work. I ended-up just reinstalling SRM keeping the same database - NBD since most settings are in there anyway. I later came across a blog post (which now I can't find) that said VMware only supports a reinstall after changing the IP.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Virtual_JTW
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I've tried this on my own server and couldn't get it to work. I ended-up just reinstalling SRM keeping the same database - NBD since most settings are in there anyway. I later came across a blog post (which now I can't find) that said VMware only supports a reinstall after changing the IP.

0 Kudos
zmclean
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Talked with Support and they cnocured. Reinstalled and all better now.

Thanks

Z-Bone

Z-Bone
0 Kudos