VMware Cloud Community
reinicke_ibm
Contributor
Contributor

SRMv5 'discoverDevices didn´t return a response'

Hi there,

i do have a issue with SRM v5

I have installed SRM and the IBM SRA for the SVC successfully and added on both locations the Array Manager.

But when i click "Refresh" on the Devices on my Array Manager it does return an error "SRA command 'discoverDevices' didn't return a response".

I do have a Replication going on, fully synced. But it cannot discover anything.

Does someone know what the issue is? 

Or does someone know what this issue means?

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Smoggy
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

assuming on the "Array Pairs" screen the device relationship shows as "enabled" then the next step is to review the SRM log at the primary site to see why the SRA is not discovering the storage correctly.

i would suggest raising a call with IBM and vmware support to have them review the log. usually this will point to a configuration issue between the SRA and the storage. if you can run the steps again, capture log and post here i'll take a look when I get chance but you should be raising this with support as well as obviously i can only review stuff on here when i get time.

0 Kudos
ronnysteiner
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

one of our customers had the same issue but with a Storwize V7000 (which uses the same SRA as the SVC). He raised a support request with VMware and IBM, but since it's a SRA issue, VMware said he has to contact IBM. After IBM analyzed the log files, they found that the customer was using "-" (dashes) in the consistency group name. After changing the "-"(dashes) to "_" (underscore) in the consistency group name, the devices could be discovered by SRM. This issue is not mentioned in the IBM SRA 2.00.11725 release notes.

0 Kudos