VMware Cloud Community
govinrag
Contributor
Contributor

SRM with vSphere replication version 6.1

Hi All,

I have installed vCenter 6.0 with SRM 6.1 and configured replication with vSphere replication 6.1. I am trying to pair the sites i am getting the below error. I tried reinstalling the SRM still i see same issue.

Both the sites communication is happening without any issue.  Let us know any have faced same issue and what is the solution for this issue.

SRM_ERROR.PNG

0 Kudos
6 Replies
yunya09
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

You must ensure that firewalls do not block the ports that Site Recovery Manager uses,obtain the vCenter Single Sign-On administrator user name and password for both of the local and remote sites.

You can read this:  Site Recovery Manager 6.1 Documentation Center    Site Recovery Manager 6.1 Documentation Center

0 Kudos
NavalgundRaj
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Govirag,

Check the DNS name resolutions of each components of SRM and vcenter, and Try to check if there are any firewall profiles have been hindering the communication.( much times it would be cause,especially SRM PORTS)

Regards

Basavnav@yahoo.co9m

Note: If you found this correct or answer useful please consider the use of the Correct buttons to award points. Regards Basavaraj.R Navalgund
0 Kudos
aranguiz82
Contributor
Contributor

Hi govinrag‌ the 9086 port, is used for the vSphere WebClient to connect to the SRM. Please check if you have firewall restrictions to connect from your Webclient station to the SRM server. I mean, it may not be a firewall problem between sites or the VC and SRM servers.

Look at this KB article "Network Ports for Site Recovery Manager 6.1": https://kb.vmware.com/kb/2119329

Regards.

0 Kudos
govinrag
Contributor
Contributor

The LAB system which i am using don't  have any Firewall restriction.. DNS resolution is happening for both the sites.

0 Kudos
grantd
Contributor
Contributor

Did you ever find a solution? I have two sites, external PSC with ELM and when the systems are not paired there are no errors and no issue connecting to the SRM instance, but if I configure pairing both sides go into a constant up/down with connection refused. I can refresh the page and shows everything connected but then terminates similar to your error.

0 Kudos
jameseydoyle
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Govinrag,

Is this a clean install or have there been previous failed/successful installations of SRM against the relevant PSCs? This is likely an issue with the Solution User certificate or with the credentials you are providing to connect to the remote Platform Services Controller.

Are the Platform Services Controllers external to the vCenters or are they embedded? Are both sites part of the same SSO domain?

0 Kudos