VMware Cloud Community
dtsmith62
Contributor
Contributor

SRM with RecoverPoint - Automatic reverse, and point-in-time recovery

RecoverPoint 3.1 sp1

SRM 4.1.0

This is a great solution and we have had good success in our testing.  We have done several tests of actual failover with a few test LUNs and a handful of VMs. I highly recommend that by the way. I hear of way too many people depending on the Test feature alone.

When you execute a recovery plan, SRM instructs the SRA to automatically reverse replication. This is the default, out-of-the-box configuration.  The recovery site datastore devices are then in direct access mode, and the ones at the protected site are then being updated with any writes occuring at the recovery site.

Just curious of anyone knows if this is a configurable option or knows of a way to disable it. There are test scenarios we would like to run in which we do not want this to occur.

Unrelated:

A nod to a previous poster on this issue: Not being able to choose a point in time with this solution is a shame.

I can say we have never done anything special to cause write flush, or make manual bookmarks and in every test we have run all the VMs come up with no issues.  We have not yet tested with a replication pause, or with an unplanned stopage of replication.

0 Kudos
0 Replies