AydarF
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

SRM with IBM Storwize V7000

Hello!

Please help me to solve the problem:

While I run the test of recovery plan, i got an error:

Prepare Storage for Test:  Non-fatal error information reported during execution of SRA: Failed to create lun snapshots.

Some information about my infrastructure:

SiteA:

vCenter 4.1 U1

ESX 4.1 U1

SRM 4.1.1

SRA - IBMSVCSRA_v1.20.10713

IBM Storwize V7000 - (Firmware version 6.1.0.7)

SiteB:

vCenter 4.1 U1

ESX 4.1 U1

SRM 4.1.1

SRA - IBMSVCSRA_v1.20.10713

IBM Storwize V7000 - (Firmware version 6.1.0.7)

To configure SRM i use this guide: http://www-03.ibm.com/support/techdocs/atsmastr.nsf/WebIndex/WP101765

DatastoreA replicated from SiteA to SiteB (used Global Mirror - asyhronious replication). Status of replication: Consistent Synchronized.

Connection between SRM servers work fine, Array Manager on SiteA configured successfully,  Array Manager on SiteB configuration finished with warning: Unable to display datastore groups. Replicated devices could not be matched with datastores in the inventory, Inventory Mapping on SiteA configured successfully, Inventory Mapping on SiteB not configured, Recovery Plan on SiteB created successfully.

Replicated LUN mapped to ESX on SiteB. In storage adapters configuration window (vSphere Client) this LUN is listed as device, but VMFS from replicated LUN not listed in storage configuration windows as Datastore.

Attache log file from SRM.

Thank for your help!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mal_michael
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Hi,

I don't have any experience with IBM storage, but replicated LUN should not be mapped to ESX hosts at recovery site (site B). SRM should do the mapping when you perform a failover (or create and map the snapshots during test).

Check once again your SRA configuration. I believe you have missed something.

Michael.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
mal_michael
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Hi,

I don't have any experience with IBM storage, but replicated LUN should not be mapped to ESX hosts at recovery site (site B). SRM should do the mapping when you perform a failover (or create and map the snapshots during test).

Check once again your SRA configuration. I believe you have missed something.

Michael.

0 Kudos
AydarF
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I unmaped recoverd LUN from ESX at recovery site (SiteB), but still have an error.

0 Kudos
rManic
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Plz ensure the zoning  configured correctly at Site B.

Regards

Manick

Regards Manic
AydarF
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Zoning configured correctly at Site B: ESX is booted from SAN, LUN with ESX installation and LUN with replicated VMFS Datastore are on the same Storwize at siteB.

0 Kudos
AydarF
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VMware SRM Advanced Settings -> SAN Provider - SanProvider.CommandTimeout was 300, I have changed it to 1800, and SRM start work fine.

0 Kudos
visak
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

HI,

Is your SRM configuration still active and running with V7000 ? did you upgrade your V7000 firmware code,SRA and SRM version to current ?

Regards,

Visak

0 Kudos