VMware Cloud Community
vylco
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

SRM vSphere replication - Missing VMs replica

Hello,

I'm using SRM with vSphere Replication and all my VMs are replicated successfully from my protected site to my recovery.site as you can see :

Capture10.png

My problem is that i don't see all the replica of the replicated VMs in the inventory of the recovery site :

Capture2.PNG

So when i was looking in vSphere replication monitor with web client, i saw that all VMs which are in the inventory of the recovery site are all managed by SRM. And all VMs managed by VR finally doesn't appear in the inventory.

Capture3.PNG

Anyone ever have this problem or know the solution ?

Regards

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
basher
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello and Welcome to VMware Community

The behavior you describe is expected. Between VR and SRM, it's SRM's job to create the so called "placeholder VM" at the recovery site.

If you replicating a VM using vSphere Replication but skip protecting it with SRM, there is no VM being registered at the Recovery Site until you execute the Recovery Operation from VR GUI.

May I inquire why do you need to see the VM at the recovery site? Even if it's there, you are not able to power it on.

Best regards

Stefan Tsonev

Director - VMware Site Recovery Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
basher
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello and Welcome to VMware Community

The behavior you describe is expected. Between VR and SRM, it's SRM's job to create the so called "placeholder VM" at the recovery site.

If you replicating a VM using vSphere Replication but skip protecting it with SRM, there is no VM being registered at the Recovery Site until you execute the Recovery Operation from VR GUI.

May I inquire why do you need to see the VM at the recovery site? Even if it's there, you are not able to power it on.

Best regards

Stefan Tsonev

Director - VMware Site Recovery Manager
0 Kudos
vylco
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Ah i understand, vm replicas does not appear in inventory still they have not been protected in a protection group from SRM else they appear as managed by VR. Thanks for the infos.

Regards.

0 Kudos