VMware Cloud Community
chriskarako
Contributor
Contributor

SRM & vSphere Replication Registration

Hello all .

Help is needed.

I have the following environment:  Vcenter 5.1.0.Build 947673   vi client 5.1.0 Build 941893    esxi 5.1.0 Build 799733  &  SRM 5.1.1 Build 1082082.

After deploying VR Appliance and registering it to vcenter, i don't see any appliance object in vi srm plugin under srm local site.

If i try to register the appliance as a VR server i had the following error:

Untitled1.png

But if i try to deploy and register another appliance as vr server it succeeded and i can see only this vr server under the local site

Any help will be appeciated

Message was edited by: Brian Atkinson to remove the ALLCAPS from the subject line

0 Kudos
8 Replies
ch1ta
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Prior to implementation of Veeam as our primary solution for backing/replicating stuff, we used to have similar issues with vSphere Replication.

In our case, the problem was related to VR ip configuration. We happened to assign such an IP address to VR server that was already being used in our environment. So, If were you, I would doublecheck VR IP settings and ensure that the corresponding IP address has been already taken.

Thanks to Veeam, nowadays everything works as a charm.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Biliana
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

Could you please describe in more details your setup. Are you trying go install and configure vSphere Replication for the first time or you are performing an upgrade?

0 Kudos
chriskarako
Contributor
Contributor

No, it's not an upgrade. It is a clean installation

Primary site has 4 esxi servers in HA, and everything is OK

Disaster site has 1 esxi server and has the problem

I can replicate a vm from dr to primary , but not the opposite

0 Kudos
Biliana
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Thanks for your reply. The problem in your original post was related to an error about not being able to register VR server. Could you try to reboot the VR appliance to which you are trying to register additional VR server and repeat the scenario again? If problem still persists, you should file SR and upload logs from both sites. Thank you.

0 Kudos
chriskarako
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for reply

I have already removed the  appliance , uninstall srm and delete sql srm database twice, but the problem is still there.

Funny thing is that in the primary side everything is OK.

The difference with the de site is that the dr site has only one esxi server.

0 Kudos
Biliana
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Number of ESXi servers should not be the problem. I will advise you to open SR and provide logs for further investigation.

0 Kudos
chriskarako
Contributor
Contributor

Case closed

I can't say why, but after power-off all servers and rebooting esxi , i managed to register appliance's replication server. Perhaps something with the domain servers or the dns , i don't know

Thank you all for the replies

0 Kudos
LuisP_VCP_Noob
Contributor
Contributor

I had a similar experience... and once I restarted all the Hosts and SRM applliances too and the only difference I saw was the SSL thumprint connected in the Recente Tasks pane...

0 Kudos