bobbinaw
Contributor
Contributor

SRM v6.0 - Plugins not visible in Web Client.

Hi All,


Really need help on this.

I have installed SRM 6.0 successfully.  However, I can't see the Site Recovery link in the left frame "Navigator" and also the Icons on the right frame  "Inventories" of the web client. There is no plug-in seen from the Web Client "Client plug-in" window too... although the Events stated "successfully installed plug-in"


I can see the plug-in listed as "com.vmware.vcDr" in the MOB.  I already removed the Networker "EBR" plugins that may interfere too. 

This is done on a fresh installation of SRM v6.0 with existing SQL Database.


I have logged in with administrator@vsphere.local, my AD account, and the service account used during SRM install and no accounts can see "Site Recovery".

Please help........

Bobbin Aw | Systems Specialist | VCP5
5 Replies
basher
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hello

Have you tried restarting the vSphere Web-Client service?

Best Regards

Stefan

Director - VMware Site Recovery Manager
0 Kudos
bobbinaw
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Stefan,

Yes.. I restarted both the SRM VM and the Web client services many times...

Bobbin Aw | Systems Specialist | VCP5
0 Kudos
bobbinaw
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Stefan,

Will rebooting the whole vCenter server have any luck to solve this? In the moment I only restarted SRM VM and vSphere Web Client services...

Btw, I had log a case to VMware but they are taking too long to have it resolve though they have all the SRM and vCenter system logs...

Thinking of re-installing my vCenter Server all over again.... If this keeps dragging...

Bobbin Aw | Systems Specialist | VCP5
0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

From the machine where the Web Client is installed, are you able to telnet to the SRM machine over port 9086?

Web Client needs access to that to ensure that it can download the SRM plugin files.

You can also manually check that the correct plugin files have been downloaded and extracted at this location on the Web Client machine:

C:\ProgramData\VMware\vCenterServer\cfg\vsphere-client\vc-packages\vsphere-client-serenity

or

/etc/vmware/vsphere-client/vc-packages/vsphere-client-serenity/

If it's working at one site and not the other, try comparing the set of files at each.

I've seen that there can be an error when unzipping the plugin bundle. You could try deleting all of the plugin files and restart the Web Client service - I think this will force the Web Client to download and extract the files again.

If that doesn't work, check the virgo logs of the Web Client located here:

C:\ProgramData\VMware\vSphere Web Client\serviceability\logs

They should give an indication of the cause.

bobbinaw
Contributor
Contributor

Hi p_hall,

A very big thanks for the helpful information of how to locate the path on the vCenter where the plugins resided in..

At first, I saw both the v6.0 and v6.1 plugins folder in the mentioned location, All I did is uninstalls my SRM again , remove all existing plugins in MOB and also the folder on

C:\ProgramData\VMware\vCenterServer\cfg\vsphere-client\vc-packages\vsphere-client-serenity


Upon successful installation, I did not manage to see the plugin on my web client, I did a restart on the vSphere web client and it does not help...

What I did is to copy the plugins folder from my DR site back to my vCenter, did another round of restart and the plugins finally appears!!!!


Thanks again for this useful information..... Btw, till today, VMware support still haven't get back to me on any resolution to my issue although I'm on Severity level 2...

Bobbin Aw | Systems Specialist | VCP5