VMware Cloud Community
NetRock
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

SRM reportection failed in reverse replication

Hi,

We have been implemented VMware SRM 5.1 with HP EVA P6350 and Continuous Access. We have successfully Test our recovery plan between

two sites back and froth, everything went fine. Our client required us to undertake a Hard-Test! So we have shutdown Site-A and start Recovery

process in Site-B and everything worked fine. When we tried to failback to Site-A, we got an error in the process of Reportect:

" Error - Failed to reverse replication for consistency group '......'. SRA command 'prepareReplication' failed for consistency group. The server fault 'ExtendedFault' had no message"

I checked the Command View for any error and warning messages. But Command Views for both sites are Clean!

Can you help me to solve the issue?

Cheers,

NetRock

If you find this answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NetRock
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

After 5 hours of struggling with the issue, finally I've found out the solution and the problem was silly!

When you configure DR Group in HP Command View it will name the Original and recovery volumes with a same name and it makes scene.

My setup was as follow:

Site-A

EVA Array: SiteA-Array

vDisk: HP-LUN01

Site-B

EVA Array: SiteB-Array

The problem was same name of the vDisks in recovery and protected site!

SRA's prepareReverseReplication command would get confused and terminate if it detects two volumes with the same name and would not initiate the reverse  replication.

So I've recreated the DR-Groups and then rename the vDisk's name in protected site. I just basically added "-Repl" to the end of vDisk's name.

And now the configuration looks like this:

Site-A

Site-B

vDisk: HP-LUN01-Repl

Hope it helps you guys.

NetRock,

If you find this answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
NetRock
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

After 5 hours of struggling with the issue, finally I've found out the solution and the problem was silly!

When you configure DR Group in HP Command View it will name the Original and recovery volumes with a same name and it makes scene.

My setup was as follow:

Site-A

Site-B

The problem was same name of the vDisks in recovery and protected site!

SRA's prepareReverseReplication command would get confused and terminate if it detects two volumes with the same name and would not initiate the reverse  replication.

So I've recreated the DR-Groups and then rename the vDisk's name in protected site. I just basically added "-Repl" to the end of vDisk's name.

And now the configuration looks like this:

Site-A

Site-B

vDisk: HP-LUN01-Repl

Hope it helps you guys.

NetRock,

0 Kudos