VMware Cloud Community
ChrisAtRaleigh
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

SRM protection groups invalidated if have both disk and tape replica of same volume

Replicating to disk via snapmirror (Netapp / IBM Nseries) and also replicating to tape. SRM protection groups are invalidated because automatic scan of datastore finds replicated volumes and skips those with multiple targets. Getting messages like the following. Any ideas how to fix or work around this? Thanks.

NFS01_REPL has a volume replica /vol/rst1a

NFS01_REPL has a volume replica /vol/NFS01_REPL_DR

Skipping path /vol/NFS01_REPL as it has multiple peers

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TimOudin
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Having just gone over all of the documentation on the NetApp SRA I believe that what your are describing is an unsupported configuration. From the SRA 1.4 Install Guide, troubleshooting section...

Skipping path nfs_path as it has multiple peers

Message Skipping path nfs_path as it has multiple peers

Log level - Quiet

NFS exports that have been replicated multiple times is not currently supported.

Cause - Corrective action Ensure that the concerned NFS export has only one replication peer.

Tim Oudin

Tim Oudin

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TimOudin
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Having just gone over all of the documentation on the NetApp SRA I believe that what your are describing is an unsupported configuration. From the SRA 1.4 Install Guide, troubleshooting section...

Skipping path nfs_path as it has multiple peers

Message Skipping path nfs_path as it has multiple peers

Log level - Quiet

NFS exports that have been replicated multiple times is not currently supported.

Cause - Corrective action Ensure that the concerned NFS export has only one replication peer.

Tim Oudin

Tim Oudin
0 Kudos
jhunter1
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I concur with Tim.