I have Main Production Site with IBM Flex blade servers (Intel Xeon Processor E5-2650 v2 8C 2.6GHz 20MB Cache 1866MHZ 95W Processor - all 16 blades are with same type of processor) and have Disaster Recovery Site with different type of Hardware (15 physical servers) with the below detail;
1. Dell PowerEdge m520 (Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2470 @ 2.30GHz ) - 3 servers
2. Dell PowerEdge m520 (Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2430 0 @ 2.20GHz ) - 3 servers
3. Dell PowerEdge m520 (Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2407 0 @ 2.20GHz) - 5 servers
4. Dell PowerEdge m600 (Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5410 @ 2.33Hz) - 1 server
5. Dell PowerEdge m610 (Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU x5560 @2.80Hz) - 3 servers
I want to install and configure VMWare vSphere 6.5 with SRM 6.5. Is it possible or no? Kindly guide.
Thanks in advance.
From SRM perspective there is no problem if you have different hardware on disaster recovery site, assuming that hardware is capable to handle the workload, but looking at VMware HCL I noticed that m600 and m610 servers is not supported by VMware to run vSphere 6.5.
You're welcome, don't forget to mark answers as helpful or correct and here is the link for the VMware HCL: VMware Compatibility Guide - System Search
To validate your server, just select DELL on the list of Partner Name and type the server model (m600 or m610) on the list keyword.