VMware Cloud Community
rz1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

SRM not starting after vCenter migration

Hello all,

We are moving some things around with regard to vCenter and SRM.  vCenter and SRM are on separate servers and will remain that way once all the moves are complete.  I'm currently working in a test environment to flush out the process.  By the way, this is all being done in 4.1 U 2.

The vCenter and SRM databases are being moved to new servers.  vCenter itself is also being moved to a new server.  SRM will not move.

Until now, the migrations were going well.  Everything worked fine after the vCenter and SRM databases were moved.  vCenter worked fine after it was re-installed on a new server.   However, now I'm having issues with SRM after the vCenter change (hostname/ip).  It will not start (or at least it's in a perpetual starting state) and the log file is giving errors similar to: Failed to establish connection to VMware vCenter.

That makes sense since the vCenter hostname/ip was just changed.  In trying to figure out how to resolve this I was looking at http://kb.vmware.com/kb/2008033.  I did try adjusting the database, but now it's complaining about host certificates.  I'm beginning to think a re-install of SRM from scratch may be the best option. 

Is there an easier way, or am I missing something?

Thanks for your help...

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mal_michael
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Hi,

The KB you mentioned suggests to re-install SRM, so I believe it is required and there is no another way.

Michael.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mal_michael
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Hi,

The KB you mentioned suggests to re-install SRM, so I believe it is required and there is no another way.

Michael.

0 Kudos
mal_michael
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

BTW, silmiliar question has been asked recently:

http://communities.vmware.com/thread/419336?tstart=0

The guy opened a ticket with VMware support to understand if there is another way. You may wait for him to update the post.

Michael.

rz1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for the responses.  We did end up re-installing and re-configuring from scratch.  Our implementation wasn't very big, so it wasn't too big of an issue for us.  Had it been larger, we probably would have opened a case as well.

0 Kudos