VMware Cloud Community
anothervsphereu
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

SRM migration

I am prepping for a migration from SRM 8.3 for windows to SRM 8.4 appliance.   when i run the export-srm-data.bat on my existing SRM server, I get an error:  ###STOP  Error Received 2.  

Has anyone ever seen this before?  

0 Kudos
11 Replies
ashilkrishnan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi @anothervsphereu ,

I believe this error is noticed due to incorrect SRA credentials. Can you check the SRA credentials and re-run the migration ?

0 Kudos
anothervsphereu
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

@ashilkrishnan

I did some additional research last night, and I believe you are correct about the SRA credentials.  However, I'm not sure what SRA credentials it is referring to.  When I look at the HL+KLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\vmware-dr\creds key, it is empty.

0 Kudos
ashilkrishnan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@anothervsphereu ,

From SRM UI, can you review the array managers for SRA credentials. 

0 Kudos
Sambino239
Contributor
Contributor

Im having the same issue just upgraded a system to 8.3 on Windows and when I go to export the settings to put on the appliance  I get the same error and as yourself nothing in the registry. Did you get a fix ?

0 Kudos
anothervsphereu
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I had to open a case with Vmware.  This was a known issue.  Here is the workaround.

1. As a workaround, open export-srm-data.bat with a text editor and comment out the following line to skip the process
----- 
echo *** Exporting SRA credentials *** 
% BIN_DIR% \ installcreds.exe --cmd export --cfg% CONFIG% --type sra --file% EXPORT_DIR% \ sraCredentials> nul if% ERRORLEVEL% NEQ 0 goto abort 
---- 

2. and then try to export it again. 

Please note: the SRA credentials will not be carried over(exported); you will need to reconfigure.

This worked for me.

papahendo31
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,
Can you provide information how you reconfigured the SRA credentials?  

Thank You

0 Kudos
anothervsphereu
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

After you have imported your data into the new SRM appliance, launch the DR gui and go to your site pair.  Then go to your array pairs and edit them.  You should be able to enter the SRA credentials there.

0 Kudos
papahendo31
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the reply.  I do not however see any option to enter credentials, only array managers and ports.  I am on version 8.3.1.5

0 Kudos
TRamires
Contributor
Contributor

@anothervsphereu ,

Did you have EMC Solutions Enabler installed on the windows SRM server?

0 Kudos
anothervsphereu
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

yes.   What I did was create an "SRM Utility server" at each location and installed solutions enabler on that.

TRamires
Contributor
Contributor

@anothervsphereu,

Thank you. We are facing the same issue. It makes sense as the SE local install does not use credentials, but Vmware should have thought of that.