VMware Cloud Community
romatlo32
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

SRM error: vmx cannot be found on recovered datastore?

Hi folks,

We have been performing successful SRM tests for a while using vSphere 5.5 and SRM 5.8 and using Array based replication with Nimble storage.

We want to add two new VMs to this recovery plan and I followed these steps to add them from the protected site vCenter.

1. Storage vMotion the VMs to the datastore that is replicated to the recovery site.  That replication finished successfully.

2. From Site recovery console on protected site vCenter, the VMs show up in the Recovery plan.  Right click them, click Configure Recovery, accepted defaults, and clicked OK.

3. Start SRM test.  Failed with error.

Checking if anyone has any suggestions?

srmerror.jpg

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
romatlo32
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thank you for responding!

I believe I understand now what happened.

We are using Nimble storage and we did not check the box to Replicate changes to the recovery site and it loaded up a previous older snapshot that did not contain information for these two VMs.

I am fairly new to SRM and still learning.  Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
pubudu326
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi romalto,

Please refer this KB article i hope this will help.

https://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=10082...      

Thanks.

romatlo32
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thank you for responding!

I believe I understand now what happened.

We are using Nimble storage and we did not check the box to Replicate changes to the recovery site and it loaded up a previous older snapshot that did not contain information for these two VMs.

I am fairly new to SRM and still learning.  Thanks!

0 Kudos