VMware Cloud Community
Eildon
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

SRM - clean up after planned migration

This is probably going to sound like a silly question. I'll ask anyway.

Going to test our DR plan. Will recover our VMs to Site B using planned migration option in SRM. Once recovered and all happy recovery has been successful....are there any drawbacks to just running the clean up utility in SRM and then switching the VMs back on at Site A without reprotecting?? I.e. discarding any changes

Or am I better to run reprotect?

Thanks

Steve

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Alim786
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Steve

As far as I know, you can only run a "Cleanup" after a Test not after a Planned Migration or Full Recovery. Therefore the correct way of getting back the VMs live back at the original Protected Site is to do a Re-protect. This is a good exercise anyway and you can always do a Test before Re-Protect.

Hope this helps !

VCP6-DCV, VCP5, CCNA, MCTS 2008R2, MCSA 2008R2, CCA, ITIL. Please mark answer helpful or correct as appropriate.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Alim786
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Steve

As far as I know, you can only run a "Cleanup" after a Test not after a Planned Migration or Full Recovery. Therefore the correct way of getting back the VMs live back at the original Protected Site is to do a Re-protect. This is a good exercise anyway and you can always do a Test before Re-Protect.

Hope this helps !

VCP6-DCV, VCP5, CCNA, MCTS 2008R2, MCSA 2008R2, CCA, ITIL. Please mark answer helpful or correct as appropriate.
0 Kudos
john23
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Alim786 point is correct.

After Planned DR, Reprotect is the only option.

Cleanup will work in case DR test..

Thanks -A Read my blogs: www.openwriteup.com
gabinun
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Totally agree. Its only work in a DR test.

GN
Eildon
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi all,

Thanks for replies. Yes found this out already, should have updated discussion. Thanks for contributions.

Steve

0 Kudos