VMware Cloud Community
AhmedTabl
Contributor
Contributor

SRM and diffrent subnets

Hello,

Hope you all doing fine, I was wondering about SRM configuration at the DR Site.

That I have two sites First Production Site and second Recovery Site.

The two sites are connected to each other with a WAN link 146 MB speed.

But my problem is, each site has its own scope and Subnet, So what should I do to let the Two Vcenters and SRM servers in each site to communicate with each other.

Also if I could manage to establish a communication between the Production Vcenter and the Recovery Site Vcenter, when I recover the VMs from the Production to the Recovery Site it will have a different IP subnet than the Recovery site.

I’m really confused. 

PS: I’ll use Vsphere replication to replicate the VMs between the two sites.

Please advise.

Best Regards,

Ahmed Salah

0 Kudos
2 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

What you are describing is the standard configuration of SRM so as long as  you can route traffic between the sites they will be able to communicate with IP addresses from respective subnets and defined in DNS

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

You'll be fine.

Provided the required ports are open between the sites everything will work. You will want to research and test IP customization with SRM to ensure any failed over VM's get the proper IP information for residing on the DR side network. Go through the doc's for SRM, it's all pretty self explanatory.

cd.

0 Kudos