VMware Cloud Community
Icoda_-_DC
Contributor
Contributor

SRM and HP XP20000 Array

Hi i found this document from HP,

However the XP range of storage is not mentioned. Can anyway tell me whether it is a supported SAN solution when deploying SRM?

TIA,

0 Kudos
5 Replies
tmarchbanks
Contributor
Contributor

I also have HP XP20000 disk arrays and am waiting for this to be released. It is my understanding that HP is developing the software for the XPs but I don't have any more info than that. I will post again once I get something from my rep.

0 Kudos
tmarchbanks
Contributor
Contributor

I heard it was to release today, Jan 5 2009. But I believe it is being delayed even more.

0 Kudos
tmarchbanks
Contributor
Contributor

Rumor is that HP has released it to VMware for testing and the target release is end of the month.

0 Kudos
thomps01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

I've looked through the release notes with the XP SRA and unless I'm reading the diagram incorrectly, it looks like you need to install SRM and the SRA on the same Windows server that's running RAID Manager.

Can anyone confirm if this is the case?

Cheers

0 Kudos
chouse
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I'm sure that would be the case - SRM needs to work with raid manager to do the horctakeover of the LDEV and change the replication direction. If you have a "main" raid manager server, SRM doesn't need to be on that specifically, just a server that has raid manager installed and a command device LUN.

0 Kudos