VMware Cloud Community
rvirene
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

SRM Upgrade for Multiple Sites

Greetings,

I would like to upgrade my VCs from 6.0U2 to 6.0U3a and then SRM from 6.1.1 to 6.1.2 without breaking SRM. SRM is running between 2  VCs in production. I cannot find anything on doing this aside from the sequence - VC, VUM, vSphere Replication, and then SRM. There has to be something about timing, disabling services, etc. to make this seamless.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Regards,

Rick

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

That's it pretty much. No need to disable any services. You will lose some management of SRM/VR while this is underway but replications will still continue as normal. Just fully upgrade your protected site first in the sequence you mention, then move onto DR site.

If something goes wrong on protected site while it is partially upgraded, you will still be able to initiate a disaster recovery on the DR site.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

That's it pretty much. No need to disable any services. You will lose some management of SRM/VR while this is underway but replications will still continue as normal. Just fully upgrade your protected site first in the sequence you mention, then move onto DR site.

If something goes wrong on protected site while it is partially upgraded, you will still be able to initiate a disaster recovery on the DR site.

0 Kudos
rvirene
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Also good articles here:

Upgrade Site Recovery Manager

0 Kudos