VMware Cloud Community
malhareth1982
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

SRM Test failover failed while creating snaps

Dear All,

I need help on my situation, testing failover for replicated LUNs on Clarion Storage keeps give failure while creating snaps for LUNs, I tried all solutions such as decreasing number of LUNs on each CG to be 8 LUNs, I increased number of CG because of that I checked each LUN to make sure that it contains VM files on it, but the testing keep fail

What I need to know how I can fix this issue???, also is this affect the real failover, which mean when I do real failover it will fail???, another thing can I do manual test for failover, which mean can I do the snaps for LUNs in recovery site and mount it to ESXi hosts and power on the VMs to check it is working without using test on SRM????

Waiting urgent feedback

Thanks all

0 Kudos
3 Replies
marcelo_soares
Champion
Champion

Areyour clariion licensed to do LUN snapshots? Also, this will not affect a real failover as snapshots are not needed in this case.

Marcelo Soares
0 Kudos
malhareth1982
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The clariion is licensed to do the snapshot but I am noticing that it take long time while snapshoting the LUNs and after doing snapshot for amount of LUNs it gives the error of failure to creating snspshots

Sent from my iPhone

0 Kudos
marcelo_soares
Champion
Champion

Check this with EMC - seems not a SRM problem. SRM only send the command to EMC SRA and then SRA is responsible for requesting the snapshots.

Marcelo Soares
0 Kudos