VMware Cloud Community
mtnbiker98
Contributor
Contributor

SRM Test Failvoer DOES NOT create a testBubble network on one host

Hi all!

I am with a customer deploying SRM in an ESX 3.5 environment. On two occasions we have seen a test failvoer create a testBubble vswitch on one host but not another. Consequently the guest on the host with no testBubble vswitch has nothing to attach to. Has anyone experienced this issue?

I havent looked through the logs yet. I will post them when i obtain them from the customer.

Any input would be appreciated! Thanks!

Josh

0 Kudos
4 Replies
bladeraptor
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi

I am writing this as an EMC employee.

Josh, what version of SRM are you running - this lack of a bubble network was a known issue in SRM v1 under certain circumstances - the ESX hosts in my DR cluster never saw a bubble network and appeared to default to my DR network while running test.

The upgrade to SRM v1.0.1 and the latest SRM client plugin have fixed that.

It was also seen to work in a scenario where the SRM environment had a single ESX host but not more than that and there were apparently some scenario where if you were using certain type of legacy virtual NICs configuration in some of your guests due to the compatbility requirements of certain Windows OSs you would not get the bubble network

As I say however this was supposed to be fixed in SRM 1 U1

Regards

Alex Tanner

0 Kudos
mtnbiker98
Contributor
Contributor

Alex,

We are running SRM 1.0 U1 here with ESX 3.5 I will check the release notes to see if there is anything that details our scneario. We are running multiple ESX hosts here between the two clusters. I'll post if I find anything in the release notes.

Thanks!

Josh

0 Kudos
mtnbiker98
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately there was nothing in the release notes about this. Thanks!

Josh

0 Kudos
depping
Leadership
Leadership

I haven't experienced this so far. Would be nice if you could post the log files indeed. But I would also like to recommend you take this up with support.

Duncan

Blogging:

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

0 Kudos