VMware Cloud Community
vedeht
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

SRM Reip Servers during failover question

I understand that SRM can and will reip servers during a failover. My question to those of you who have done this more often that I have is... Has anyone been able to reconfigure specific applications such as sharepoint or similar applications that have ip addresses bound to specific functions on the vm?

Example: Server1 is sharepoint it hosts several web applications. 10.1.1.1 is app1 10.1.1.2 is app2, etc. How can I get SRM to reip those applications and not just change the ip address on the server?

Any ideas??

Try our VMWare View Demo on www.virtualdojo.com
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Michelle_Laveri
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I think the answer will be with great difficulty...

I don't think the sysprep process can handle 1 Local Area Connection with mulitple IPs... I've not tried the new CSV method - so I wouldn't know...

Other options... a CMD event - tied to Microsoft netsh? or CMD event tied to Microsoft PowerShell... or VBS...

Regards

Mike

Regards
Michelle Laverick
@m_laverick
http://www.michellelaverick.com
vedeht
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I am thinking vbscript at the moment. I am pretty decent at vbscript. I was just hoping someone else has done this before. I have a customer that insists on doing a L2 vlan extension across mutliple sites. I can do that but this is going across several sites and across the ocean. Not the best solution in the world. My ideal solution is some sort of NAT relationship or reip the servers. I'll keep you up to date on what we end up doing.

If anyone else has any ideas though feel free to drop me a message.

Try our VMWare View Demo on www.virtualdojo.com
0 Kudos