VMware Cloud Community
dr_robot
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

SRM Recovery plan stuck at "Create Writable storage snapshot"

Have setup a protection group for datastores. However when I run a recovery plan it stops at Step 4. Create Writable storage snapshot. With error message below.

Error_SRM_redacted.PNG

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dr_robot
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello,

2 things noted.

1. It turns out there was an orphaned VM included in the protection group. Had to remove the VM from the VCenter inventory.

2. There was a Vm on the local datastore, all it's disks and config files were there. However it had an ISO file from the replicated datastore still attached to the CD/DVD drive. When I removed the attachment, it stopped using the datastore.

When I resolved those 2 issues, those errors were cleared.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ashilkrishnan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi @dr_robot ,

Please ensure that the VM config files and all it's hard disks reside on a datastore that is replicated by storage array.

Hope that helps

0 Kudos
dr_robot
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello,

2 things noted.

1. It turns out there was an orphaned VM included in the protection group. Had to remove the VM from the VCenter inventory.

2. There was a Vm on the local datastore, all it's disks and config files were there. However it had an ISO file from the replicated datastore still attached to the CD/DVD drive. When I removed the attachment, it stopped using the datastore.

When I resolved those 2 issues, those errors were cleared.

0 Kudos