VMware Cloud Community
dr_robot
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

SRM Recovery plan: Failed to create snapshot of replica devices...Invalid Array ID. Refer to IBM ..

Hi,

Attempting to perform a test revocery. However it fails at step 4. With the error

SRM Recovery plan: Failed to create snapshot of replica devices. SRA command 'testFailoverStart' failed. Invalid Array ID. Refer to IBM SAN Volume Controller      troubleshooting".

Using an IBM Storewize V7000 system, with SRM 6.5 and VCenter 6.5.

Had set the SRA config to Pre-configured environment. Created a flash copy at the protected site. Created another flash copy at the DR site. Mapped them to hosts, but did not create datastores from them.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dr_robot
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi, From the IBM documentation, I had seen that Non-preconfigured environment was not supported for Global Mirror, which is why I had tried using Pre-configured mode initially.

However, after switching to Non-preconfigured mode, I was able to perform a successful failover test.

Another thing to note is the correct MDisk Group ID to use. I had also initially selected the ID of an individual MDisk. What you need to get is the ID of the Pool you want to use. When the test is run, the snapshot can be seen in that pool on the recovery array.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ashilkrishnan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi @dr_robot ,

Running test recovery will create a copy(snapshot) of the replicated volume at recovery site. Is the snapshot volume getting created on IBM storage ?

0 Kudos
dr_robot
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi, From the IBM documentation, I had seen that Non-preconfigured environment was not supported for Global Mirror, which is why I had tried using Pre-configured mode initially.

However, after switching to Non-preconfigured mode, I was able to perform a successful failover test.

Another thing to note is the correct MDisk Group ID to use. I had also initially selected the ID of an individual MDisk. What you need to get is the ID of the Pool you want to use. When the test is run, the snapshot can be seen in that pool on the recovery array.

0 Kudos