VMware Cloud Community
Jerry_W1
Contributor
Contributor

SRM Protection group failure

when I tried to create SRM protection group, it failed and did not create anything. When I looked through the logs, it failed with the following error message:

2009-08-05 16:13:07.484 'DrInventoryMapper: site-306' 1428 warning GetMappingRecommendations: Failed to get the remote VC conn: Unexpected MethodFault (vim.fault.NotAuthenticated) {

1 dynamicType = ,

1 object = 'dr.RemoteSite:site-306',

1 privilegeId = "",

1 msg = ""

1 }

2009-08-05 16:13:14.015 'com.vmware.vcDr.ServiceInstance.AddRemoteSite-Task' 2392 verbose Task destroyed

2009-08-05 16:13:14.015 'Array.Synchronize-Task' 2392 verbose Task destroyed

The connection between the two sites seems to work fine and I have no problem running 'configure' again between the two sites.

I looked further and the same issue happen when I tried to map the folder. It error out with similar error message:

Work function completed successfully

2009-08-05 16:21:06.251 'DrInventoryMapper: site-306' 200 verbose Verifying that folder 'vim.Folder:group-v3' can be mapped

2009-08-05 16:21:06.251 'DrInventoryMapper: site-306' 200 warning ValidateVMFolder: Failed to get the remote VC conn: Unexpected MethodFault (vim.fault.NotAuthenticated) {

1 dynamicType = ,

1 object = 'dr.RemoteSite:site-306',

1 privilegeId = "",

1 msg = ""

1 }

2009-08-05 16:21:06.251 'Persistence' 200 warning Rolling back OPEN transaction context: txn_id=43

2009-08-05 16:21:08.481 'LocalSiteStatus' 948 verbose Free disk space: 3414 Mb

Any one know what might caused it? Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Hi Jerry,

A few questions:

Did you specify a certificate when you installed your SRM server or did you use an auto-generated certificate?

If you used an auto-generatead certiifcate, did you use administrative credentials to install SRM on both sites?

Is it possible that anything has happened to the user account used during installation?

Did you use an account with administrative privileges at the remote site during the pairing process?

Is it possible something has happened to that account since the initial pairing? Did you perhaps create a specific SRM account which expired or who's password must now be changed?

If you used domain account during the pairing process, did you use the full domain account name?

i.e. DOMAIN\SRM_ADMIN to "Configure" remote site, and DOMAIN\SRM_ADMIN when asked for login information to Remote VC?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
azn2kew
Champion
Champion

By looking at the log, it seems like having issue with communication to the VC and failed to authenticate. As mentioned above, it would be great to confirm what accounts you've used to deploy on both sites. You can repair SRM and VC installation using the correct "administrator" account on both sites that might work.

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

Regards,

Stefan Nguyen

VMware vExpert 2009

iGeek Systems Inc.

VMware, Citrix, Microsoft Consultant

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!! Regards, Stefan Nguyen VMware vExpert 2009 iGeek Systems Inc. VMware vExpert, VCP 3 & 4, VSP, VTSP, CCA, CCEA, CCNA, MCSA, EMCSE, EMCISA
0 Kudos