VMware Cloud Community
Masi45673
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

SRM Placeholder Datastores

Hello All,

We have a multiple clusters in our vCenter and we have same configurations at our DR site. Since we have configured SRM on both sides what is the best practice of creating placeholder Data-stores. It should be one per cluster or shared across all the clusters?

Thanks.

Masi.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Nawals
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

It depend on how your Storage provide shared LUNs to all clusters. Example: You have 10 clusters and each set of clusters esxi hosts having different storage group from storage side to provide luns to cluster. I Would suggest you to create placeholder Datastore on cluster wise if you want specific prod cluster vms to be protect to specific cluster at DR site. Refer link Re: Placeholder Datastores

NKS Please Mark Helpful/correct if my answer resolve your query.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Nawals
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

It depend on how your Storage provide shared LUNs to all clusters. Example: You have 10 clusters and each set of clusters esxi hosts having different storage group from storage side to provide luns to cluster. I Would suggest you to create placeholder Datastore on cluster wise if you want specific prod cluster vms to be protect to specific cluster at DR site. Refer link Re: Placeholder Datastores

NKS Please Mark Helpful/correct if my answer resolve your query.
0 Kudos
Masi45673
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank You!!

0 Kudos