VMware Cloud Community
beatbox
Contributor
Contributor

SRM Permissions required on Array Managers?

Trying to configure SRM and am at the stage where I need to define and connect to the Array Managers. It's asking for a userid/password that has access to the Array Manager (NetApp device in my case). I asked my 'SAN guy' for a userid/password that I can use for this and being somewhat anal, he's insisting that he needs to know exactly what permissions the account needs to have on the NetApp devices before he will give me an account to use.

I've read the install & admin guides for both SRM and the SRA, and have searched the KB's and forums both here and on NetApp's site, but can't find anthing that defines what permissions this 'service' account requires.

Obviously the account would need permission to be able to enumerate the LUNs on the storage device, but does it require any additional privileges?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
mal_michael
Commander
Commander

I'm not a storage guy, but as far as I know SRA commits the following operations:

1. connects to storage array and gets basic info about it (model, etc)

2. enumerates LUNs as you have mentioned already and their replication state

3. creates / removes snapshots of LUNs on the recovery side (in test recovery mode) or pauses the replication - depends on the type of array.

4. stops the replication (in real recovery mode)

5. presents LUNs to the ESX hosts (in both recovery modes)

Hope this helps somewhat.

0 Kudos