VMware Cloud Community
JoaquinC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

SRM Permissions delegations

Hello

Is there anyway to delegate a user the rights to only be able to run recovery plans and reprotection?

I know there is this role "SRM Recovery Administrator" but this role is still able to delete recovery plans and do other modifications to them which I don't want to give to other users

"SRM Recovery Administrator" according to the documentation it should not be able to remove to create recovery plans but it does

Thanks, regards

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Daniel_Georgiev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi @JoaquinC ,

SRM Recovery Administrator role does not have the privilege to delete Recovery plans so probably the issue comes from the place/object that you assigned the user/group with the desired role. You can select one RP -> Permissions -> User/Group you use and check the Defined-In column that you don't overwrite the Role from the SRM or VC Root-level for example.

Hope that this helps,

Daniel G.

0 Kudos
JoaquinC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi

At the vcenter level the user only has VRM Replication Viewer (this object and its children) and at SRM Level it has SRM Recovery Administrator (this object and its children) so I think it properly configured but despite that it can delete recovery plans.

I created the user from scratch so I am sure it does not have permissions somewhere else

Thanks, regards

0 Kudos