VMware Cloud Community
JoaquinC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

SRM+Logging Changes+Tracking activity

Hello

Suppose someone changes the recovery resource pool or recovery folder of the VMs within a protection group
Is there any way to get notifications in case someone changes something related to a protection group (for example someone changed the recovery resource pool of a VM)?
Is there any log to look at where we can see when it was done and who?

Thanks, regards

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ashilkrishnan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

@JoaquinC ,

vmware-dr.log is the main log which will capture all activities/changes within SRM. If this is SRM 6.x, combination of Web client logs and SRM logs should be reviewed. For changes to the VM, you might get information about the user and if a re-configuration was performed. Logging will contain limited information and enabling trivia logging might help --> SRM logs and log level 

If you are using vRops by any chance, you will get additional options --> vRops management pack for SRM and vSphere replication 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ashilkrishnan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi @JoaquinC ,

These alarms are configured at the vCenter level  --> Configure Site Recovery Manager Alarms 

Site Recovery Manager Events Reference 

SRM Windows logs: C:\Program Data\VMware Site recovery manager\logs\vmware-dr.lg

SRM appliance: /var/log/vmware/srm

Hope that helps

Please mark my comment as the Correct Answer/Kudos if this solution resolved your problem

0 Kudos
JoaquinC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Ashilkrishnan

I am aware of those logs but they don't contain the information I am looking for.
Suppose you have a protected group and then you realized someone changes the configuration of VMs within that protection group and then you get the question. Who changed the configuration in the protection group, When it was changed, Why it was changed? 

Is there anywhere where we could find that information? I had a case open and the engineer assigned reviewed the logs and could not find it

Regarding the alarms, I checked them before but I could not find any alarm I could set that would tell me if something changes in the configuration of the VMs in SRM

Thanks again, regards

0 Kudos
ashilkrishnan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

@JoaquinC ,

vmware-dr.log is the main log which will capture all activities/changes within SRM. If this is SRM 6.x, combination of Web client logs and SRM logs should be reviewed. For changes to the VM, you might get information about the user and if a re-configuration was performed. Logging will contain limited information and enabling trivia logging might help --> SRM logs and log level 

If you are using vRops by any chance, you will get additional options --> vRops management pack for SRM and vSphere replication 

0 Kudos