VMware Cloud Community
chrimir
Contributor
Contributor

SRM Host and VCenter set up after failover question.

Almost 2 years ago, we utilized SRM to move our datacenter to a colocation in order to minimize downtime. So basically, we replicated our environment (3 vSphere 4.0 Hosts and 1 Dell EqualLogic PS6000E SAN) and failed over to the colo site. Now, I will be starting a DR project to set up SRM in another location using the equipment we had from our original datacenter. There are few changes in our enviroment since we moved to the colo so my question is, should I really start from scratch as far as setting up the hosts and vcenter for the DR location? I am thinking that I just need to update the network configuration of the hosts and vcenter then I am good to go. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
TimOudin
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

If you're not changing any IP addresses on vCenter, SRM servers or your array(s) then I can't think of any reason not to just forklift the environment over.  If by updating the network configuration then I'd be really reluctant, there's a lot of unknown dependencies written in the database.  Worst case scenario you'd have to rebuild from scratch anyway so it couldn't hurt to give it a go!  Good luck!

Tim Oudin
0 Kudos