VMware Cloud Community
TheSleepyAdmin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

SRM Failing due to host offline

Hi 

We have a host that is offline due to failed hardware and when we try to do a SRM failover the recovery plan fails due to the host being disconnect from the cluster. Below is the error. 

Cannot unmount datastore from host . Unable to communicate with the remote host, since it is disconnected.

This host will be added back so I don't want to remove the host from the cluster as this might cause issue as it connect to a distributed virtual switch.

I have been trying to find if there is an advanced setting or setting that can be configured ignore the disconnected host. 

The only other option I can think of is to remove the mapping to the SRM LUN so that when SRM tries run the storage re-scans and unmount this host will not in the LUN access list and wont try the re-scan.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TheSleepyAdmin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Just in case anyone else has a similar issue, I had to move the host out of the cluster, edit the protection group / recovery plan and run through the wizard without making any changes and that then run failover again. 

0 Kudos
vFouad
Leadership
Leadership

Unfortunately that is how the product is designed to work at the moment.

If you have an active SR with Global support, you can request they add a product feature request, please send the number to me over DM and I'll review the request.

If you do not have an active SR please also reach out and I'll submit a feature request; even if you don't have an support contract.

Thanks, 

0 Kudos