VMware Cloud Community
technologist123
Contributor
Contributor

SRM Error - lost connection

Hi Guys

I have just configured SRM 4 on both sites Prod and DR. Both sites are ESX 4.1 & VC Server 4.1

I have noticed that every now and then I am getting error messages as shown in the attached document. please advise what went wrong .

VC lost connection to local SRM , Also in addition to that a seperate issue is both site stop communicating to each other.

pls see attached doc. I have already finished KB Article: 1029057 regarding tomcat memory btu no joy.

thanks

0 Kudos
23 Replies
technologist123
Contributor
Contributor

here are my logs  , trust me there is no issues of connectivity between 2 sites, they can ping consistent and indefinite.

0 Kudos
technologist123
Contributor
Contributor

Guys

It is finally fixed , database user for the ODBC connection does not have proper permissions.Ensure that the user ID for the ODBC connection to access the SRM database has system administration permissions means db owner permission , no matter if it is member of local admin group but u need to see which account is being used by ODBC connection and then defien explicit permission to this account on SRM db.

cheers

0 Kudos
technologist123
Contributor
Contributor

bad news

problem back on again after 2 days of peace

vmware support still investigating .

just wondering how this connection lost problem impact the DR process?

in this current situation if DR happens i do not think that it will hamper the DR fail over process ? do u guys agree?

0 Kudos
STLab
Contributor
Contributor

Hi technologist1

I'm having the exact same problem with 4.1 spent weeks with HP Support they saying re install but I think its a bug. I had the connection failure during testing a recovery plan and it did work .

Just tested SRM 5 and that looks much better, just beware of SQL and the SRM replication could only get it to work on full SQL install.

0 Kudos