VMware Cloud Community
vAndrew
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

SRM Error - PING Failed

Getting the above error all of a sudden when trying to configure SRM.

Username and password works fine though as can authenticate to the storage manager IP. When logging into SRM I can see the array pairs and all resources. SRAs status is showing as OK (green tick). Place holder datastores are also configured. So the only "error" I can see is the below, and also on the array as shown in the screen shot

SRA command 'discoverDevices' failed. Error Connecting to Dell Storage Manager [IP: X.X.X.X] [Message: HostNotAvailable - Exception Setting up Connection: HostNotAvailable - Error running Ping to Data Collector [URL: https://X.X.X.X:3033/api/CompellentAPIServices]] Verify IP Address, Port, Username, and Password are correct for a running Dell Storage Manager

pastedImage_0.png

Any ideas? Is this really an issue?

-- Andrew (VMware VCP-DCV, MCSA)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vAndrew
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Sorted. Forgot about this. Seems the older version of Enterprise manager was the cause as it conflicts with the newer version of the SRA and SRM.

Updated to storage manager appliance and all seems to be working happily now

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
vbrowncoat
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

I suggest reaching out to your array/SRA provider and working with them to figure it out.

0 Kudos
vAndrew
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Sorted. Forgot about this. Seems the older version of Enterprise manager was the cause as it conflicts with the newer version of the SRA and SRM.

Updated to storage manager appliance and all seems to be working happily now

0 Kudos
Haridascn
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

We have the same issue.

SRA used is Dell EMC Storage Center SRA version - 18.1.1.173.

DSM version is 19.1.20.30 - Dell Storage Manager installed on Windows 2016 Server. Logged a case with Dell team. Is this version of DSM you are using ? Will the appliance solve the issue? Please help

Regards

Haridas 

0 Kudos
ymigeaux
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello

we're facing the same issue wth SRA 18.1.1.173

DSM is 20.1.1.716

i tried with a Windows server 2012 R2 running DSM , and also an appliance, but I receiver the same message

Did you have a feedback from dell support ? would it be possible to share the Case Number so that I could reference it to Dell support also ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Haridascn
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Log a case with Dell.

In our case they had replaced a file DataCollectorear.ear file and ran one command to rectify this. Is is confirmed that any new installation of this DSM will have this issue. So please talk to Dell Storage team

0 Kudos
ymigeaux
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

OK I'll open a case

Would you have the case number you opened with them ?

as a reference so it's quicker to search ....

thanks

0 Kudos
Haridascn
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Dell CASE : 101363484 /SC7020 / SRM error Ping to storage manager failed

0 Kudos