VMware Cloud Community
rmagoon
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

SRM Customization Specifications

I have a few questions regarding customization specifications for SRM. The documentation doesn't thoroughly address this subject. Based on the fragmented documentation, I can only gather that the recovery site customization specification is required and retains only the IP information. The rest of the fields are ignored (name, department, license key, etc). If the dr-ip-customizer tool is used to export a new customization specification on the recovery SRM server, the only fields specified are IP related fields. The rest of the fields within the customization specification would be missing. How can the mini setup wizard actually reconfigure the VM with those fields missing? Also, do the sysprep files need to be installed on the recovery vCenter server?

Thanks in advance.

Rick

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

The quickprep process that runs during the customization phase of the recovery plan only touches the IP settings, this is slightly different than the standard sysprep process. The sysprep files are not necessary on the SRM server, everything you need is installed with SRM.

-alex

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

The quickprep process that runs during the customization phase of the recovery plan only touches the IP settings, this is slightly different than the standard sysprep process. The sysprep files are not necessary on the SRM server, everything you need is installed with SRM.

-alex

0 Kudos
rmagoon
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

That explains everything. It confused me because the same customization specification wizard is used to create an answer file for sysprep.

Thanks,

Rick

0 Kudos